A cornerstone of financial planning is the recognition that everyone’s economic and life situation is unique. Personalized service is essential when matching clients with the right financial products and services. A commitment to professionalism and the cooperative development of unique, personal goals forms the foundation of any strong financial plan.
Jeanne Gibson Sullivan, CFP®
Founder and Principal
Originally from Kansas City, MO, Jeanne now lives in Reading, MA with her husband. She has two grown sons (which explains her extensive research on how to save for and fund a college education). She is one of the few who truly enjoys country music in New England and has taken up cross-country skiing in an effort to actually look forward to being outside in the long, cold northern winter.
Jeanne is an occasional speaker and has been quoted in the press.
- Founded Financially In Tune in 2011
- Develops customized financial plans for each client based on the client’s goals and resources
- Determines investment allocation and fund selection, primarily using low cost index funds.
- Certified Financial Planner® since 1996
- 10 years as a Wealth Manager with an investment management firm in Boston
- 30 years experience in financial services includes roles in strategic planning and marketing for such firms as Fidelity Investments, Financial Research Corporation, Funds Distributor and American Express.
- BA in Economics with honors - Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA – 1979
- MALD (Master of Arts in Law and Diplomancy) with concentrations in International Economics and Business - Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- Certificate of Completion in Financial Planning - Boston University, Boston, MA.
Volunteer, Press & Awards
Jeanne has volunteered in a number of financial literacy activities, such as presenting annually to seniors at Mount Holyoke College on basic financial planning issues, and speaking at the Boston Public Library Series, "Taking the Mystery out of Retirement."
Further, she has been selected by the Boston Globe to be the financial planner for several money makeovers. Jeanne was recognized for Excellence in Financial Planning at the 2015 Women in Finance Market Choice Awards held in New York City in December 2015. In the past, she has taught investments classes to students seeking to enter the financial planning profession.
Philip Lee, CFP ®
Principal and Wealth Manager
Having grown up in the New York State’s Hudson Valley, he now lives in Marblehead, Massachusetts with Kristen Nyberg and their three children (two college graduates and one college freshman). His interests include classical and jazz music, hiking, gardening, historic preservation, supporting music and visual arts, museums, travel. As an avid hiker he recently (October 2017) completed hiking the 48 4,000+ foot peaks in New Hampshire.
- Sixteen (16) years as a wealth manager and former chair of financial planning committee with a large financial planning and investment management firm in Boston, MA.
- Joined Financially In Tune in 2016
- Received his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM certification in 2004.
- Nine years as a project manager at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care in business planning and strategy and five years as a congressional aide to a US Congressman.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan. 1986.
- Certificate Program for Financial Planners, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts. 2001.
Industry Membership and Affiliations
National Association of Personal Financial Planners – Largest organization of Fee-Only financial planners. Philip has been a member since 2004.
Garrett Planning Network – International organization of Fee-Only,as-needed financial planners. Philip has been a member since 2016.
Philip is a Notary Public in Massachusetts.
Volunteer, Press & Awards
Philip has been a contributor to the Boston Globe's "Money Makeover" series. In addition, he has been quoted by The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Kiplinger’s, Financial Advisor Magazine, U.S. News & World Report, The ChristianScience Monitor, AARP: Ask The Expert, and BankRate.com.
Philip was chosen by his peers to serve as President, Treasurer and Secretary of the NAPFA Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Regional Board from 2010-2015. The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
He is currently the Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair of the Clifton Improvement Association (CIA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to the environment, preservation and use of Beach Bluff Park in Swampscott and Marblehead Massachusetts.
The Marblehead Festival of Arts Inc. is a not-for-profit organization composed of area residents who volunteer their time and services to promote and foster artistic events and activities in the town of Marblehead by producing an annual Arts Festival.
Additional Information at his LinkedIn profile
Mandy Magee, RP®
Principal and Operations Manager
Originally from the Monadnock region of NH, Mandy now lives in Stoneham, MA with her husband and two young daughters.
Mandy studied abroad in York, England during college which developed her love of travel. She remained friends with some of her classmates and still visits England every few years albeit at a slightly slower pace with two small children! She’s always looking for new travel ideas for families with young kids.
When she’s not trying to catch up on sleep, she enjoys reading, playing any musical instrument she can get her hands on (most recently the violin) and, when her daughters aren’t watching Disney Junior or Yo Gabba Gabba, she enjoys catching up with Rick Steve’s on PBS in an attempt to quench the travel bug!
- Joined Financially in Tune in 2012
- Handles client service duties including preparing custodian paperwork and transferring money
- Assists with financial planning and quarterly reports
- Financial industry experience since 2003
- Worked at Boston investment management firm, with Jeanne & Philip, prior to joining FIT
- Received her undergraduate degree from Keene State College
- Certificate of Completion as Registered Paraplanner® - College of Financial Planning
- Passed the Series 65 in March 2015