Philip Lee, CFP®
Having grown up in the New York State’s Hudson Valley, he now lives in Marblehead, Massachusetts with Kristen Nyberg and their three children (two college graduates and one college freshman). His interests include classical and jazz music, hiking, gardening, historic preservation, supporting music and visual arts, museums, travel. As an avid hiker he recently (October 2017) completed hiking the 48 4,000+ foot peaks in New Hampshire.
- Sixteen (16) years as a wealth manager and former chair of financial planning committee with a large financial planning and investment management firm in Boston, MA.
- Joined Financially In Tune in 2016
- Received his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM certification in 2004.
- Nine years as a project manager at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care in business planning and strategy and five years as a congressional aide to a US Congressman.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan. 1986.
- Certificate Program for Financial Planners, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts. 2001.
Industry Membership and Affiliations
National Association of Personal Financial Planners – Largest organization of Fee-Only financial planners. Philip has been a member since 2004.
Garrett Planning Network – International organization of Fee-Only,as-needed financial planners. Philip has been a member since 2016.
Philip is a Notary Public in Massachusetts.
Volunteer, Press & Awards
Philip has been a contributor to the Boston Globe's "Money Makeover" series. In addition, he has been quoted by The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Kiplinger’s, Financial Advisor Magazine, U.S. News & World Report, The ChristianScience Monitor, AARP: Ask The Expert, and BankRate.com.
Philip was chosen by his peers to serve as President, Treasurer and Secretary of the NAPFA Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Regional Board. The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
He is currently the Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair of the Clifton Improvement Association (CIA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to the environment, preservation and use of Beach Bluff Park in Swampscott and Marblehead Massachusetts.
The Marblehead Festival of Arts Inc. is a not-for-profit organization composed of area residents who volunteer their time and services to promote and foster artistic events and activities in the town of Marblehead by producing an annual Arts Festival.
Additional Information at his LinkedIn profile